Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 31, 2011

This from my friend Traci, Look Out!...I love it!

Traci Salmons Klekner January 31 at 5:48pm Report
First, I want you to know that I got my grocery bill for this week to $114. This includes 2 gal. milk, 2 loaves of bread, dog treats, TP, Tylenol (generic, of course) and some really yummie looking cinnamon rolls that I couldn't pass up. Second, we are having Fet. Alfredo w/broccoli and mushrooms w/garlic bread, meatloaf, mashed, green beans and crockpot swiss steak, mashed w/carrots. The swiss steak is one of my favorites and I wanted to share how I make it.
Family Pack (usually 3) of THIN cut Steak for "braizing". Rinse and roll (coat) in flour that is seasoned with salt and pepper. Put in crock with a little bit of water (just cover the bottom) Cube about 1/4 lg onion and put in for flavor. Cook on high for at least 6-7 hours. Add mushrooms if you prefer. Mashed potatos (we don't eat gravy, but one could put a little more water in the crock so they can make gravy from that - or open a jar :) ) Veggie of choice. The meat should fall apart. It's SO YUMMIE ! OH, please excuse any misspellings....

No comments:

Post a Comment