Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 23, 2011

This is for Devon my personal Techie Guru...Harpers Coney Sauce


I have to post my great great Granny's famous coney sauce for my friend Devon, he has helped my with my blogging blunders, and requested this recipe. My great great granny had a restaurant in West Virginia and was known for her hot dog chili. In Ohio its commonly called coney sauce. My mom has been making this for as long as I can remember, and I have made it at our get togethers as well. Yesterday I was craving coney dogs and rootbeer floats, which of course got me thinking about this recipe.

Coney Sauce

1 lb ground beef, in a pan cover with water, and using you hands break the meat apart (it will be really mushy, no other way to explain)  I know this sounds strange, but you know how hillbillys are, and this is exactly how my mother told me to make this. This will make the meat very fine. Cover the pan partialy with the lid, cook on medium  stirring often until the water is dissolved, this will take an hour to hour and a half.
2  1/2 cups of Ketchup
1 tsp chili powder
1/3 cup brown sugar (I added this to the original recipe, I need sugar to make me sweeter) you can choose to leave this out if you wish. Heat through and serve on hotdogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment