Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Oh my gosh it's 6 degree's today! Who wants to have a cookout?

I am planning on pretending it's Summer and having a cookout. I think we will have Broccoli Salad with my favorite Cheeseburgers. (you can cook the cheeseburgers indoors)

Broccoli Salad
1 large head of Broccoli, cleaned and chopped
1 1/2 Cup Miracle Whip
1 tsp sugar
3/4 Cup milk
1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 Cup  diced red onion
1/2 package cooked, diced bacon (I dice before I cook it, less mess)
Combine miracle whip, sugar and milk. In separate bowl, place broccoli, cheese, onion, and bacon. Pour miracle whip dressing over and mix.

Cheeseburgers (If you have had Swensons, and you like them, you will love these)
1 lb ground chuck
1/4 Cup brown sugar
1 T honey
1 tsp garlic powder
Your favorite cheese
Buns/condiments
Mix beef, brown sugar, honey, and garlic powder together. Shape into patties, cook, top with cheese.

Turn on your fireplace, spread out a blanket...pretend its summer and enjoy a picnic with your family!

1 comment:

  1. We make "Swensons" burgers all the time, and I bet we got the recipe from you!

    ReplyDelete