Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 21, 2011

Crab Soup...Yes soup again, this is a family favorite, and the Crab was on special this week.

I love Paula Deen and subscribe to her magazine. She had this listed in one of her issues as Crab Stew, a recipe she got from a close friend. It was such an easy recipe, and my family loves crab so I tried it out. We loved it, and I have made it several times. I changed a few things, which is one of my favorite things about cooking, you can alter any recipe to your liking. I gave my version to my girlfriend Chris, and she added chopped red peppers to it. I usually only make this when the Crab is on special. It's regular price is $23.99, thats a little steep for my weekly food budget. It was on sale at the Hartville Giant Eagle today for $9.99.  I was so excited.

Crab Soup
15 oz Great Blue brand Lump Crab Meat (Sold at the Seafood counter)
1 can condensed cream of potato soup
1 can condensed cream of cerlery soup
1 pint of half and half
1 (soup can full) skim milk
1 T butter
1/4 cup minced onion

Melt butter in dutch oven, add onions and cook until translucent. Add both soups, half and half, milk, and crab. Heat through. Thats it, now you can eat it. The broth reminds me of clam chowder, but better I am not a fan of clams but love crab. We like to have bread with this soup. You can purchase bakery, or buy the Rhoads frozen bread dough. I use the frozen alot because you can pull it out of your freezer, place it in a buttered loaf pan, let it rise, and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes and you have fresh warm baked bread. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. I had the pleasure of sampling this from the cook herself.....LOVED IT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete