Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Once in awhile when I run out of ideas of what to make, I will hand my kids a cookbook with pictures, and ask "what looks good"

I like to have a little help before I go grocery shopping, and what better way than having my children pick out a meal from a cookbook picture. I collect cookbooks, so I have many to choose from, and my boys get excited to look through and pick something, then to see and eat the result just adds to the fun. Besides, sometimes I get bored with the same old stuff, its nice to try something new.

No Meat Spinach Lasagna

1/3 cup butter cubed
1/3 cup flour
3   3/4 cup half and half
1 cup heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
2    15 oz cartons ricotta cheese
1    10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
3/4 cup shredded carrot
12 no cook lasagna noodles
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 T melted butter

Melt butter in a saucepan, stir in flour until smooth; gradually add creams. Bring to a boil and stir until thickened about 2 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. In a bowl stir ricotta cheese, spinach, carrots, and remaining parmesan cheese. Butter a 9x13 pan, and spread 3/4 cup of sauce mixture. Layer with 4 lasagna noodles (they will overlap), half of ricotta mixture, 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers, top with remaining noodles, sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Mix bread crumbs with 1 T melted butter, and sprinkle over the top of the lasagna. Cover and bake 375 for 55 minutes, uncover and bake 10 more minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment