Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dana's Veggie Burgers and my Roasted Yukon and Sweet Potatoes

My friend Dana gave me this recipe last summer, and at first I was a little unsure, I didn't know if the family would like it. Then I threw caution to the wind and made them anyway, and even my pickiest eater loved them. We have them all the time, so my advice is to overlook any crazy thoughts about veggie burgers, and give these a try. You won't be disappointed.

Veggie Burgers

1 lb ground turkey
1 package frozen chopped spinach (thawed, drained, and squeeze dried)
1 envelope of Knorr Vegetable (like what you use in spinach dip)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Mix all ingredients together and form into patties. I sometimes do normal size, and other times I will make sliders. I have cooked them on the stove as well as outside. I prefer to cook on the grill (all the cheese... easier clean up) even the aroma as they cook will draw you in...they are fantastic. Grill them up and put on your favorite bun. I like mine with lettuce and mayo, but the boys of course like ketchup.

Roasted Yukon and Sweet Potatoes

2 medium yukon potatoes
2 medium sweet
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1  1/2 tsp fresh rosemary
3 T EVOO

Wash and cut potatoes, sometimes I cube them, sometimes wedges. Mix salt, sugar, pepper, paprika, rosemary, and EVOO together, and toss potatoes to coat. Place on a cookie sheet, and roast for 45-50 minutes at 375 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment