Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 28, 2011

How much do you spend a week on groceries? What do you think about $100.00 a week to feed a family of 4; including 3 packed lunches a day?

I'm curious what you spend a week, give me your feedback! The pictures are one weeks worth of groceries, I spent a total of $90.87. Before I go to the store, I check to see what I have. I don't have to buy potatoes, carrots, pasta every week, or toothpaste, shampoo, toilet paper, paper towels, or napkins. When I get to the store, I check to see what types of meats are on special, and I try to plan my meals around that. I pack three lunches a day, once in awhile my boys ask to buy lunch, most times they do not like what the schools serve. I make three stops, all close to each other and my house. Giant Eagle $51.24, Marc's $25.18, and Beiler's $14.45. I have $9.13 left to get more milk later in the week, and let the boys buy lunch one time each. What did I buy.........

Dairy-1 gal skim milk, 1/2 gal whole milk, coffee creamer, pint half and half, 2 packages shredded cheddar, 1 package american cheese, 1 package string cheese, 18 pack eggs

Produce-2 heads broccoli, 1  1/2 lb baby red potatoes, 1 red onion, 2  1/2 lbs bannana

Deli- 1 lb off bone sliced ham, 1 lb garlic beef bologna, 1/2 lb slab bacon

Meat- 1 whole chicken, 1   2lb package western style ribs, 2  1lb packages ground chuck

Misc- juice boxes, mayo, 2 cans soup, peanut butter, chicken bouillon, tomato juice, v-8 fruit juice, hamburger buns, 2 loaves wheat bread, 2 bakery french breads, oreo's, cheeto's, potato chips, 2 packs lil debbies, taco kit, bbq sauce, marshmellows, era laundry soap

I left out Saturday, we go out to dinner usually on this day.
Heres a menu for dinners : Sunday- Spaghetti and meatballs
                                           Monday-BBQ pork sandwiches w/broccoli salad
                                           Tuesday-Taco's and veggies and dip
                                            Wednesday-Rotisserie Chicken, roasted red potatoes,      broccoli, french bread with applebutter
                                             Thursday-farmhouse biscuits (basic biscuit recipe put in muffin tin and filled with pork bbq topped with cheddar and baked) and  scalloped potatoes, marinated carrots
                                              Friday-leftovers; chicken with alfredo, broccoli and carrots over pasta with french bread.

Time to go shopping again, what do you think?????






No comments:

Post a Comment