Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Meatloaf Cupcakes with Whipped potato Frosting........yum


Can you have cupcakes for dinner? I seriously asked myself this question right after I baked them yesterday. I love yellow cake with chocolate icing. The more I tried to talk myself into it,  (Devil on one shoulder saying yes, yes, yes and angel on the other saying no, think of your children this is not a healthy choice for growing boys)  it was just like in the cartoons. I decided we could still have cupcakes, but dinner cupcakes, and have the cake for desert. My family enjoys meatloaf, so this became the basis of the dinner cupcake.

Meatloaf Cupcakes

1 1/2 lb ground chuck
1/4 turkey sausage
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated parmasean cheese
1/4 cup minced onion
1 egg
1/4 cup ketchup
Mix all above ingredients together. Line cupcake pan with reynolds baking cups (foil cupcake liners) Divide meat mixture among cupcake liners. Bake at 325 for 45-50 minutes. While this bakes prepare your mashed potatoes. I used my garlic mashed potato recipe (on this blog) and added 1/2 cup cooked spinach.
Remove cupcakes from oven and top with mashed potatoes. I used a pastry bag, you can use a spoon, ice cream scoop, or even cut a hole in a baggie to make your own pastry bag. Then the best part...sprinkles every cupcake needs sprinkles. I used shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
These were fantastic, or in the words of my 12 year old "This is awesome mom"

1 comment:

  1. Love these! I actually have made them before but I used fresh shredded parm and bacon bits for toppings. Keep up the blog, I am really loving the posts.

    ReplyDelete