Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Crockpot Cube Steak

Getting ready to start dinner, we are having cube steak over mashed potatoes. When I was young and my mom made these, they were always tough (sorry Mom) A few years ago I came across this recipe, and it's fall apart yummy!

Crockpot Cube Steak

4-6 cubesteaks
1 medium onion
2 cups water plus on additional cup for gravy
3 (.87 oz) envelops of gravy; Brown, Onion, and Mushroom

4-6 cube steaks; salt and pepper, and dredge in flour.  Lightly brown in 1 Tablespoon of EVOO. Place in crockpot. Slice one medium onion and place on top of steaks. Add 2 Cups of water, and cook on medium 5-6 hours.
20 minutes prior to serving mix together one envelope of brown gravy, one envelope of onion gravy, one envelope of mushroom gravy, with one cup of water. Pour over meat.
Serve over my garlic mashed potatoes, I previously posted the mashed potato recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment