Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Taco Salad (For Bert)

I sometimes crave this salad, I have had it at tons of picnics and potlucks. Its easy to make, and I'm sure alot of you have this recipe, but sometimes we all forget about some of our recipes that are tucked away, or forgotten. Last summer we had a taco tailgate party at one of our baseball games, and I brought this. My friend Bert asked if it was a family recipe, or if he could get a copy. He was so funny eating it...he just raved, and everytime I turned around he was going for more.

Taco Salad

1 lb ground beef
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 head of iceberg lettuce chopped
1 head of romaine lettuce chopped
1 package grape tomatoes
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 can chili beans in sauce (I use Brookes)
1/2 bag of doritos (nacho cheese flavor-broken into peices
1- 16 oz bottle of kraft catalina salad dressing

Brown meat and add seasoning according to package directions and let cool.
In a large bowl mix beef, chopped lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, beans and sauce (do not drain), doritos, and the dressing. Mix altogether and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment